Our human resources training workshops are designed with the HR professional in mind. Each topic is covered in-depth and is presented using a mix of PowerPoint lectures, case studies, and group activities. Participants are also presented with a training manual that includes all of the material covered during the workshop. Training is available in English and Arabic.
Training Workshops for the HR Professional
You are in your office looking over your performance report and it happens again: Your low performing employee failed to meet quota this month even though you specifically spoke about the importance of achieving goals. This employee has a great attitude and you know he or she can do better. You just do not know how to provide the motivation to maximize the potential. Money used to do the trick, but that has worn off. You are baffled and frustrated, which only makes matters worse. What do you do?
The Coaching and Mentoring workshop will equip leaders with the strategies to empower employees towards higher performance. Coaching is a process of relationship building and goal setting. How well you coach is directly related to how well you are able to foster a great working relationship with your employees via understanding them and goal setting. Coaching and Mentoring will help you achieve an approach and style that will bring out the best of the people around you.
- Defining coaching and mentoring
- Setting goals
- Understanding the situation and its realities
- Developing options
- Wrapping up your plan
- Nurturing influence and trust
- Providing feedback
- Overcoming roadblocks
When you think of staff motivation, many incentives may come to mind: more money, a bigger office, a promotion, or a better quality of life. The truth is, however, that true motivation will not fully inspire an individual unless it comes from within. Regardless of how one chooses to characterize it, there is no substitute for achieving balanced approaches to promoting a motivated workforce.
The Employee Motivation workshop will give participants several types of tools to become great motivators. These include goal setting and influencing skills. Participants will also learn about five of the most popular motivational models and how to coalesce them together to create an effective program for a particular context.
- The different theories of motivation
- How to use motivational theory in practice
- Defining and modifying problematic behavior in employees
- The important factors for consistent employee motivation
- The role of personality in motivation
- Setting motivational goals
- Building your own motivational plan
- Encouraging growth and development
- Motivation on the job
- Addressing specific morale issues
- Keeping yourself motivated
Recognizing the achievements and qualities of employees is a valuable practice for any company desiring to elevate overall work performance. We all desire to feel appreciated and respond positively to organizations that place a high value on acknowledging excellence among its employees. A workplace that puts effort in recognizing staff will generate an outstanding environment where employees are motivated to reach their full potential.
The Employee Recognition workshop will help participants recognize the value of implementing even the smallest of plans. The training maximizes the value of such initiatives by showing that employee recognition can be done at a small cost and yield big benefits. Applying Employment Recognition strategies will help your company increase productivity, employee loyalty, and workplace safety.
- The many types of incentives
- Designing employee recognition programs
- Communicating your employee recognition program
- Linking employee recognition to company strategy
- Creating a culture of recognition
- Motivating with small gestures
- Creating a company rewards program and ceremony
- The don’ts of employee recognition
- Maintaining employee recognition programs
Facilitation is often referred to as the new cornerstone of management philosophy. It helps create comfortable work environments by establishing consistent and efficient decision making processes.
The Facilitation Skills workshop will help any organization acquire the skills and strategies to make better decisions. Participants will gain an understanding of why facilitation is crucial to organizations in order to achieve big results out of even small meetings. Learning the techniques that allow a facilitator to command a room and dictate the pace of a meeting will accelerate participants on the road to becoming great facilitators themselves.
- Understanding facilitation
- Process versus content
- Choosing the right facilitated approach
- Planning for a facilitated meeting
- Tuckman and Jensen’s Model of Team Development
- Building consensus
- Reaching a decision point
- Dealing with difficult people
- Addressing group dysfunction
- Intervention techniques
A shift in management practices in recent years means tasks that originally fell within the parameters of the human resources department are now part of many managerial job responsibilities. This evolution and diffusion of tasks throughout organizational departments has had an impact on many personnel, particularly those that are not equipped with the skills or knowledge to deal with specialized issues.
The Human Resource Management workshop will give managers the basic tools to handle numerous human resource situations such as interviewing prospective employees, orientating new staff, and navigating the complicated arenas of safety, harassment, discrimination, violence, discipline, and termination cases. This workshop will provide participants with skills to assist in handling a wide range of Human Resource situations.
- Human Resources today
- Recruiting and interviewing
- Employee orientation and retention
- Following up with new employees
- Workplace health and safety
- Workplace bullying, harassment, and violence
- Providing feedback to employees
- Disciplining employees
- Terminating employees
LinkedIn for Recruitment is designed to help recruiters leverage this powerful social network to successfully acquire top talent. The workshop addresses details about all the tools and features of LinkedIn in order to ensure that your company’s recruiters are well-trained to utilize this important medium and start hiring the best talent right away.
- A Little Insight Into LinkedIn
- Drafting a Killer LinkedIn Profile
- Leveraging Your Network
- Setting Up Your Company Page to Attract Talent
- The Power of Groups
- Job Postings and the Apply With LinkedIn Feature
- Using LinkedIn’s Advanced Search Tool
- InMails & Introductions
- Managing Recruitment with Profile Organizer
- Choosing Between LinkedIn’s Premium Solutions
We all know that training can contribute to many positive benefits, but sometimes it can be hard to show that the benefits are worth the financial investment of trainings. Some topics, such as sales training or time management, will yield direct, measurable results. Other topics, such as communication or leadership, may produce benefits that are not easily calculated with a dollar value.
The Measuring Results from Training workshop will help participants learn about the different ways to evaluate training progress and use those results to demonstrate the effectiveness of particular trainings.
- Learning styles
- Levels of evaluation
- Types of measurement tools
- Focusing the training
- Creating an evaluation plan
- Assessing learning before, during, and after training
- Long term planning
- Calculating training Return on Investment (ROI)
Employee Onboarding is an important and vital part of any company’s hiring process. Hiring, training, and bringing new employees may be a major investment that demands a great deal of money, but the results are worth it. Onboarding is a way of securing investment by assisting newly hired employees to develop professionally while keeping their skills, knowledge, and value within the company. Your organization will become stronger within the market as it retains its highly skilled workers rather than seeing them lured away by a competitor.
By effectively executing Employee Onboarding, you will experience lower costs related to employee turnover. The result will be increased productivity and a much happier, higher-skilled workforce. The new hire phase is a critical time for the employee and company alike; having a structured set of procedures will make this time run smoother and produce a greater chance of success. The Employee Onboarding workshop will help your company navigate this important area.
- Purpose of employee onboarding
- First day checklist
- Onboarding preparation
- Designation a mentor
- Training new employees
- Creating an engaging program
- Following up with new employees
- Setting expectations
- Assigning work
- Providing feedback
The goal behind Performance Management is to ensure that the employee and the organization are focused on the same priorities and moving in the same direction. It impacts the entire organization and helps employees set and meet their goals and improves the employee-manager relationship. Performance Management is the key that keeps the company and employee aligned in order to increase productivity and boost results.
In this training, participants will learn how to conduct job analysis, establish performance goals, conduct competency assessments, and create a performance management plan for the entire organization.
- Performance management basics
- Assessments and performance reviews
- Conducting a job analysis
- Establishing and setting performance goals
- 360 Degree Feedback systems
- Competency assessments
- Identifying personal motivators
- Evaluating and adapting your performance appraisal system
- Performance journals
- Creating a performance plan
Many companies wait for talent to come to them by simply advertising an open position and hoping that the right talent comes forward. However, such a strategy does not guarantee that you will find the right people to fill your organization’s roles. Actively seeking out qualified candidates is an important way to ensure that you identify and acquire the talent that will help you move forward.
The Recruitment Management workshop will help your company hire the best available talent. Hiring a new employee can be a significant business investment, and you want to make sure it is done right. This is becoming all the more urgent as staff training and employee turnover increasingly drain funds from the budget. This workshop will provide employee recruitment strategies that your hiring department needs in order to recruit, interview and attract the right employees to your company.
- Challenges and trends
- Sourcing candidates
- Job analysis and description
- The different types of interviews
- Types of interview questions
- Goal setting
- Avoiding bias in your selection
- Conducting background checks
- Making your offer
- Orientation and retention
- Measuring your recruitment results
Leadership is crucial to any company, and any loss in this area can be crippling. Establishing strong succession plans and transitioning new leadership is essential to long-term business survival. It is not the expected absences, but the unexpected ones that will cripple a company; therefore, every successful company must have an approach to succession planning in its portfolio. The Business Succession Planning workshop will help you do this by providing strategies to prepare successors to take on vital leadership roles when the need arises.
Whether it is preparing someone to take over a position of leadership in a corporation or developing the future sole proprietor of a small business, Business Succession Planning will teach you the difference between effective succession planning and mere replacement planning. When it comes to thriving during leadership transition of any company, how you prepare people to take on responsibilities of leadership is just as important as who is selected for the job.
- Succession Planning versus Replacement Planning
- Preparing for the succession planning process
- Initiating the process
- SWOT analysis for succession planning
- Developing the succession plan
- Managing the change
- Overcoming roadblocks
Whether you are preparing to be a professional trainer or serving in a role that includes facilitation, you need to be prepared to give excellent training. The Train-the-Trainer workshop helps participants become trainers themselves by helping them understand training as a process where skills, knowledge, and attitudes are applied. The course will provide all types of training tools that help create and deliver engaging workshops that will encourage trainees to come back for more. Skills such as facilitating, needs analysis, understanding participants’ needs, and managing tough topics will give participants the insight they need to become effective trainers themselves.
- Understanding training and facilitation
- Gathering materials
- Identifying and resolving gaps
- Creating a lesson plan
- Choosing activities for your training
- Using icebreakers and energizers
- Delivery tips and tricks
- Keeping your training interactive
- Dealing with difficult participants
- Tackling tough topics
The Using Social Media for Recruitment workshop trains participants on how to use social media to recruit talent for their companies. We will discuss the major social media networks and introduce you to new networks that are quickly gaining steam in the business world. Finally, you will learn how to measure your social media return on investment (ROI) and learn how to create a social media strategy for your recruitment.
- What is Social Recruiting?
- Social Recruiting Basics: Using Google
- Using LinkedIn for Recruitment
- Using Facebook for Recruitment
- Using Twitter for Recruitment
- Using Google+ for Recruitment
- Up-and-Coming Social Networks
- Measuring Social Media ROI
- Creating a Successful Social Media Strategy